Taipan Seafood World


Without any further delays, I present you... My first review post!


MARCH 2012 - After all the Chinese food boredom where we ate 'The Duck Queen' (Name Modified, thanks to Bro Kev for the idea) almost twice every single weekend since February, my dad decides to raise his hand up to to take the whole family to Taipan for dimsum. At first, i growled. "I AM TRULY SICK OF CHINESE FOOD DAD! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!". However, as we arrived an after grabbing something and some other small sized meals to eat, I end up having a very pleasant meal, despite my chinese food boredom.


No More Long Explanations - from the early times when they are still in ITC Mangga Dua and until they relocated to a cozier premises in WTC Mangga Dua, Taipan has been a favorite restaurant for dimsum for many, including our family.




As we are directed to our tables and know what number our tables is, we head to 'The DimSum Gallery' (I made it up myself, the name.) where they displayed small-sized foods from one end to another - up till a hundred (if im not mistaken) food choices available. Woohoo!  this is colours to my eyes!




                                                              From Fried Dim Sum
                                                                           to soups,
                which my dad said that the 'Snake Soup' is a must try, which I didn't end up wanting to try


                                                            and to the noodles section


                                                   and finally, Desserts! Look at these~! 


After walking through the displays and have some waiters bring up trays of steamed and fried dimsums,
we ended up having:
                              
                                 Congee:  Not-to Thick, Served warm, with bits of century egg.
                             Siew Mai: Unlike what most establishments offer, this has lotsa prawn!


                                                                    Fried Yam Cake


Steamed Ribs with Garlic: Its okay. But at the time of the review, I DIDN'T GET ANY... MY SIS ATE EM ALL UP....
         
       Xiao Lung Bao: One of the best Xiao Lung Bao in town I have to say because the skin is not too
                 thick.That's what I consider very important in judging whether a XLB is delicious or not.


                    Tahu Telur Goreng?: not sure whether this is the proper name for the dish.. haha
                  
                                              Char Liong with Prawn and Mayonaisse 

and Durian Pancakes for Dessert where I'd say that the skin on this one is at the right thickness, and the
scent and taste of the Durian is just right for me. Not to strong or weak..


And some other as well that my parents and my sis ate very fast as they
arrived at our seats. As I was busy taking some pictures.. Sadly, they were all gone... :(
Overall, I love the meal I had here in Taipan. Its just so exciting!


Pros: There's just many delicious selections over at one place!
Cons: Better dine here with your ma or your dad, if u have a big appetite like me :D
Overall Experience: 4.5/5

Taipan Seafood World

WTC Mangga Dua Lt. 6
Jl. Gunung Sahari
Jakarta

No comments:

Post a Comment