Sunday Dim Sum at Myers + Chang

On a windy yet snowy day, me and my mates decided to have a Sunday Dim Sum Brunch at Myers + Chang. To fulfill my dear pal's request - Sherley (check her blog out at hellosherley.com!) to try this establishment that looked hip and young... the gang decided to meet up directly after I made the reservation.

As we arrived at the venue, we were seated at a high top table and we ordered some steamed dim sum, some carbs, and some desserts to wrap up our meal. The first dish that came up was the Mama Chang's pork potsticker dumpling. It was fine.

Mama Chang's Potsticker Dumpling

Next on my list was the Kimchi fried Quinoa Bokkeumbap with Bulgogi which was actually quite good. Since I ate Quinoa on a daily basis, I have to admit that putting quinoa in place of rice was very creative and the result was tasty. 

Kimchi fried Quinoa Bokkeumbap with Bulgogi

Next up, we have two dumplings. One was filled with a braised pork belly, and one was with Asian marinated beef. I have to admit that the marinade was too salty on both dishes but the marinated beef bao tasted better than the pork one. (The focus was a mess on this one - sorry I'm way too appetized!)

Pork Belly Bao (below) and Braised Beef Bao (Above)

And lastly, Sherley and I had the Tea Smoked Ribs. Nothing special but okay.

Tea Smoked Ribs

On the other hand, DJ ordered their nasi goreng - it had pineapples in it so he did not really like it.

I saved the best for last. Their Genmaicha Panna Cotta was inevitably.. the star of my meal. It was soft, delicious, and appetizing. And like what I always liked - it was not too sweet! 


Overall I had a nice dim sum experience at this hip place without the grumpy waitresses at traditional Chinese restaurants. Service was fast and staff were very responsive towards our questions and requests. Despite the higher prices, I would, definitely come back for more of the panna cotta!

Myers + Chang
1145 Washington Street
Boston MA

Food: 3/5
Service: 4/5
Ambience: 4/5

Myers + Chang on Urbanspoon

This post was made in collaboration with Sherley Soraya at hellosherley.com






No comments:

Post a Comment