Small Bites from the Streets of Tsim Sha Tsui #1: Gong Cha Bubble Tea

Continuing on my Hong Kong trip few weeks ago.. I still have a few more goodies to be shared to you guys! This time well um.. I'm gonna share to you guys what I had ate in Hong Kong when.. my stomach feels.. you know. That feeling.. um.. you feel a bit peckish.. but actually.. you're still full with all the stuffs you've eaten previously. With that kind of feeling.. Its really hard to judge whether you and I actually need to eat something. I FEEL TEMPTED TO EAT OHH!

During the trip, It is just my luck that I picked a hotel on the streets of Tsim Sha Tsui rather than well.. following my sis' desire to stay in the resort hotel in Disneyland! As I observed the pedestrians who walked.. I frequently recognize someone carrying a glass of Bubble Tea. Curious with all these people who carry this glass of Bubble Tea.... Where the hell should I buy a glass of these kind of drink? Even Inez from ohmygoodfood.blogspot.com has already told me to hunt for some bubble tea! But jeez! I ain't seeing any stalls selling bubble tea! But as I walk back towards the hotel during a rainy evening... I finally found the Bubble Tea vendor where everyone has been getting their tea from.


Sorry for the bad pic. As you can see. Well... again. It was raining that day. So here I am crossing the rain. Without an umbrella. Sis was too slow to catch me walk across. -__-


So like other bubble tea vendors.. Nowadays you've got the power to choose how much ice you want.. and how much sugar you want. Right? Right? So then I asked the guy who serves at the cashier for their favorite menu. So then he replied: "Our favorite menu was um.. the Fresh Milk Black Tea!" so well okay then. That'll be my order. As well as the Milk Tea with Tapioca Pearl. I wonder why I didn't order their Taro Milk Tea since they have it on their menu as well... hmm...


 After waiting for my order.. My sis and I then walk back to our hotel. At our hotel room...


So here it is. On the right is their Fresh Milk Black Tea and on the right.. is their Milk Tea with Tapioca Pearls.. or Boba. I have to agree with the fact that Gong Cha's bubble tea has a very strong tea flavor and scent. And I like it. Despite being forgetful to ask the no ice option and consuming it when all the ice cubes has melt.. The taste of this baby... is still very bold. Love it! The same goes for the Milk tea with Tapioca Pearls. Nothing special with the tapioca pearls though.. it tasted just the same as any other tapioca pearls. But overall, I love the tea.  Just refreshing enough to calm my tired mind. :)


Gong Cha
Granville Rd
Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong



No comments:

Post a Comment