Sushi One, HK

First of all, I would like to apologize for any delays that occur during the baking process of this post. Apparently, a rival ISP has cut down my internet cable the other day.. turning my connection off for four days. And now.. here I am with everything working juust fine.

PS: Here's the thing. If you missed me, follow my twitter at @foodgazette, or checkout my Instagram at rayns8. Got it?

Okay. Lets get back to the point. shall we?

Seeing this kind of crowd the other night makes me curious about this establishment not far from where I am staying in Hong Kong. Well.. the last time I've been to Hong Kong was.. Seven years ago? Things have changed a lot for sure.

 
So after all the craziness (not thrill) I had in Disneyland.. I then head to the same Sushi One during a late lunch. Therefore... The place was nearly empty. But there's some customers with us as well. Ah. Finally! A peaceful lunch.


Once me and my family was fitted in... We then filled out our orders on our own.. and you know what? It was really puzzling (I borrowed this from someone) filling out all these sheets. Seriously. The writing was too small for my parents to read... and there was just too much forms to see and fill.


And yeah. As a family, we took a very long time sorting out all our orders. But as the foods arrive.. yaaay!


So from left to right: Inari, Sashimi and Shrimp Sushi is okay..
                                     The Beef Roll: Something that I have never tasted in any Sushi joints in Indo.. and
                                     this one's actually unique! But this one's raw. So mum dislikes it.
                                     Tempura Roll: The same said so.
                                     Hiroshima Oyster with Cheese: I love the idea.. :)
                                     Seared Supreme Wagyu Beef: One word.. Delicious. Comes in a heavy price tag
                                     tho.. 1 portion = 1 roll.

The order does not end there.. we also ordered:
The said-to-be bite-sized Tonkatsu.
 

Agedashi Tofu. To be truthfully honest.. I like this tofu. I don't know why.. I used to not really like Agedashi Tofu.. But this one's okay. And its nice.. With not too much soy sauce all-over it, it tasted just fine. Not too salty.. and most importantly, no katsuobushi. I like katsuobushi.. but sometimes.. these bushes can get really annoying. SERIOUSLY. Some joints in JKT does annoy me -___-

Enough with the Katsuobushi.. I also ordered these sizzling dishes:

Left: Hotplate Scallop (Hotate) Right: Skewed Mushroom and Bacon & Asparagus Skewer

And lastly, I've got three more sushis that I wanted to share! (The pictures. And how it taste. Not the sushi :D). There's a saying.. Save the best for last! And these are the three dishes that I love the most.

From left to right:
So first, we got the Shrimp Tempura Roll. My favorite. I'll definitely order this kind of sushi at any establishment and this has been one of the best.
Next up.. is the Salmon and Inari Roll. Love it. The salmon is thin enough. And its okay.
Lastly.. is the is the Crab stick with Cheese and Crab Roe. Y-U-M. My mistake with the plastic cover. I finished this one quite fast.. so.. you know why.

To wrap-up, I love Sushi One. It has offered me a new Sushi experience from what I have been experiencing in Jakarta. Despite the um.. menu issue.. Now I understand why this place is crowded by lots of pedestrians the other night. The sushi's quite nice.. (CRAB STICK WITH CHEESE AND CRAB ROE AND THE WAGYU THINGY IS A TWO THUMBS UP) and The ambience's okay. I'll be sure to visit this joint again when I revisit HK some other time.

Sushi One
Cameron Road
Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong

2 comments:

  1. that mushroom in skewers looks like some kind of brain or something haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after another peek.. I agree with you. haha :D

      Delete