School Bali Field Trip: Pita Maha

Helloo foodies! Continuing on with my Bali field trip stories... Well.. I realized as seniors that will end his or her school life soon - making this Bali trip as our last big fieldtrip... We have a big appetite. From eating, shopping, playing and hangin out.. as seniors we need lots of those. Worst thing is: The school is a bit crazy on food: Snacks are always served during coffee breaks and there are huge portion of meals needed to be finished during most meals. I really had to control what I ate during the trip really. I'm getting fatter and it is D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S!

In the previous post, I posted about Ibu Oka's Sucking Pig that was delicious (If you haven't checked them out, please do so!) . However, you guys should know that before we went to Ibu Oka... we actually had ate lunch at the Pitamaha Ubud. Terrific isnt it?
 
Despite the crazy appetite, Pita Maha Ubud has an excellent view. There's a pool down the restaurant, and a green scenery of traditional Ubud. 


While enjoying the scenery, we are given a glass of soft drinks. Perfect for this time of day.

 Soft Drinks - Sprite and Coke

The weather in Bali in the last 2 days of my trip has been extraordinarily hot! I even got a fever during the second day due to the harsh weather.. But thank God I was fully healed after I ate breakfast.

Back to the point, despite the nice scenery we can enjoy.. Service was kinda slow. While waiting for our appetizers, Bert even ordered a glass of juice and minutes after the juice has arrived, our appetizers are not even served. Here is what Bert ordered: The Pineapple Juice in Black-and-white.

Pineapple Juice

Still waiting.. I took a pic of the table ornament they had in each table. This is the one on my seat with J. Still in Black and White.

Table Ornament

And finally! Meal is served. Starting with the appetizers. First up is the Prawn Soup / Sup Udang. Three prawn balls served in a Balinese spicy soup. It's appearance may not look really close to a tom yum (due to the clearer soup)... But it tastes like one. More prawn balls would be nice seriously.

 Prawn Soup / Sup Udang

Good thing they have sped up. Now comes the main course: The Ubud Fried Duck.

 Balinese Fried Duck

Deep fried till brown and crispy.. I like the crispiness of this duck and not too salty either. The companion: The sambal matah was nice. Did not touch the red one.


Last came the desserts. Wasn't really special because its only sliced fruit. Not even Cold... Maybe they should've chilled the fruits first before serving?


Overall, it was an okay meal. The view was really great and relaxing to us all. :)

Meanwhile, there is one more post in regards to my trip to Bali with my School. Just wait for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment